There is no doubt that the blogging has changed the internet as we know it today. The days of boring, stale, static content websites are over. Bloggers have become a source of fresh and interesting content for internet users across the world.
The blogosphere is constantly evolving and changing thanks to this seemingly unending stream of interesting information published by regular people like you. The great thing about the blogosphere is that anyone can contribute to it.
You can start blogging and get your word out there today with a great open source blogging platform known as WordPress. Install this software on your website and you can have a blog up and running in no time. Never heard of WordPress? Well these top companies and publications have:
- The New York Times
- Yahoo’s Corporate Blog
- CNN’s Political Ticker
- Sony Playstation Blog
- Southwest Airlines
The list goes on and on…
You’re probably thinking: if all these huge companies use this software called WordPress, it’s probably too complicated for a beginning blogger like me. That is just absolutely wrong. WordPress is very simple to use and anyone can start blogging with it. The reason why such large companies and small-time bloggers alike use WordPress is the simplicity, flexibility, and easy of use. Let’s not forget WordPress is absolutely free and open source. Here are some of the benefits of using WordPress as your blogging platform of choice:
- An easy to use blogging platform. Write in a WYSIWYG editor, save drafts, and publish when you’re ready.
- A huge community full of support, free templates, plugins, and additional addons and modifications for your blog
- A dynamic theming system, change the look of your entire blog with one click.
- Generate “SEO-friendly” permalinks with the click of a button.
- Built-in RSS feed functionality.
- Categorize and tag your blog posts.
- Create static pages.
- Integrated search box.
- Automatic pinging to the top blog ping services.
The possibilities are literally endless…
With the thousands upon thousands of other blogs running WordPress, it’s popularity is undeniable. Give it a test drive yourself by signing up for a free hosted blog at WordPress.com or take the plunge and host it yourself. Take advantage of the variety of free tools and resources associated with this popular open source blogging software. Happy blogging!