We all are familiar with how tiresome sifting through thousands of apps in the Mac app store just to find the best one can be. Have we even talked about how much money one has to pay to keep these apps running on their computer? This is where Setapp comes in.
You already know what an app store is all about right? Now, you also know how much you pay in order to make use of premium apps available on an app store right? How about you pay a fixed “subscription” fee and gain access to use tons of premium Mac apps like CleanMyMac X, iThoughtsX, Disk Drill, Bartender, iStat, Boom 3D, Downie, Flume, BetterZip, WiFi Explorer, and lots more…
What is Setapp?
Setapp is a subscription-based service that is designed by MacPaw Inc. a company thrilled by the elegance of Mac OS, as an alternative to the Mac app store. With the launch of Setapp, Mac users can now get to know and use more new apps they may have never heard about prior. At a flat monthly subscription fee, users can access more than 100 apps at no extra cost. Imagine a Netflix experience but in this case for apps and exclusive for Mac users.
If you own a Mac without having the Setapp installed on it, maybe we have to check if you really know what you’re missing. Setapp is like an app store power house that houses quite a lot of awesome Mac OS apps and allows you to use its entire app at a fixed monthly or annual subscription price.
There are over 120 unique Mac OS applications available on Setapp and they are really good and useful apps. Instead of buying each app separately, now you can have instant access to entire library of mac apps at one place. Honestly, Setapp is a very good and everyone who uses Mac should consider having on this for sure. Currently, over 15, 000 Mac users are already using Setapp and probably, after reading this Setapp Review, you may join the queue (grins).
The most interesting part of installing Setapp on a Mac PC is that you’ll only pay a fixed subscription fee and gain access to tons of premium app.
– A monthly subscription fee of $9.99 with no commitment. (usage on two Macs)
– An annual subscription fee of $107.88 or a monthly bill of $8.99.( Usage on two Macs.)
– 50% for student users who sign up using a.Edu email. (Usage on one Mac.)
– Up to 3 additional Macs can be added to one account for $4.99 per month.
The apps on Setapp are not just premium per se, but, they are equally useful apps. With that said, an ardent Mac user who gets through a lot of productivity apps will definitely find these apps very helpful.
System Requirements for Setapp
Unfortunately, irrespective of your Windows OS version, you cannot gain access to use this App Store; specifically, Setapp is designed for Mac OS and it is almost compatible with all Mac OS version. However, for Mac users, below are the system requirements for installing Setapp;
– Mac Operating System:macOS 10.10 or higher
– HDD space: At least 450MB free space
Benefits of Setapp
– At a small monthly fee, Setapp allows you to access 100+ apps spread across different categories such as task management, personal finance, productivity, writing & blogging, education & research among others.
– All apps available on the service, are carefully handpicked to suit your needs. This means you cut on the time spent trying out tons of useless apps on the store.
– Every software on Setapp is the latest version without ads, in-app purchases, or upgrade fees. Everything is captured in their subscription fee thereby allowing you to focus on the task at hand.
– Comes with a 7 day free trial with unrestricted and unlimited access to the entire app library. This is without needing to give out your credit card information. The risk of forgetting to cancel your trial offer and suffering automatic billing is eliminated.
– For App developers and businesses, Setapp offers a platform where they can sell their service with spending resources and time on advertising. They just need to put in work on their applications and Setapp does the rest for them.
– Features an appealing, well organized, and user-friendly interface that is quite easy to use. All you have to do is just specify the category then click on the search button. Setapp will then populate a list of apps able to perform the task you need.
– There are over 100+ apps on Setapp at the moment while many more continue to be added on the platform. This is without a corresponding increase to the subscription fee!
Actually, the app is very easy to use; it comes with a user-friendly interface and the apps are just arranged in a way that you will easily get the exact you want. Also, all apps available on Setapp is developed by MacPaw. With just one low monthly fee, you will get unlimited and unrestricted access to premium Mac applications including CleanMyMac X (an awesome app for keeping your Mac running smooth), Disk Drill, Bartender, Yoink, Gemini 2, Netspot, and more…
How to Download and Use Setapp
First, you will have to signup and create an account with Setapp. Initially, you’ll get a free 7-day trial (credit card not required) to explore all the features/contents of the app. After the trial period, then, you’ll have to subscribe to the monthly/annual service plan to continue using the app. You can extensively manage your Setapp account from your account dashboard. Even so, you can delete your account if you do not like the app.
Apart from hosting amazing premium apps such as CleanMyMac X, iThoughtsX, Disk Drill, and Bartender iStat, Setapp doesn’t seem to have attracted the top guns in the industry yet. Therefore don’t expect to find the Adobe or Microsoft suite of apps for Mac. However, let us keep our fingers crossed as the number of apps keeps on increasing.
If like me, you like to explore different third party apps for use on your Mac, then installing Setapp should come as a no brainer to you. However, if you only use a few apps that are not from third parties, then sticking to the Mac app store would be a better idea.
For those of you who are curious but still not sure about the service, I would advise you to use Signup for Setapp Free 7-Day Trial Now! and see whether it’s for you.